Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Alternative Waters...not to be confused with "Muddy"







So lately there hasn't been a whole lot of trout fishing going on. There has been lots of water and funky water because of rain. Thank God there is more than one species of fish to catch in this neck of the woods. Cleburne County and some of the surrounding ones are chock- filled with all sorts of fish. It just so happens, Spring is when the White Bass spawn, so I've have been taking full advantage of the Lake. I've been out there several times, but the past two days have been awesome. Yesterday, I went with Jamie and Chris. We crushed the fish. We didn't catch any monsters, but there were times when all 3 of us had fish on. I think Chris came out with the big fish award. We also did a lot of laughing, the afternoon was filled with jokes and pranks. I think the best was when Jamie swung about a pound Whitie from the front of the boat all the way to the back still connected to his rod and slapped Chris in the Back of the neck/face. Perfect execution. Tears came to both of my eyes. Memories made for sure. Today I went back at them again with my buddy Frank. The wind was brutal and unforgiving. We got into a few pods of smaller fish right off the bat but by this afternoon we had found a few of the big boys. Its been sunny skies both days and loads of fun. I am extremely grateful that I live in such beautiful country and have all this adventure right at my back door. I wouldn't be scared to say that over the past two days, over 100 White Bass where caught and released from my boat! Thank God for good friends, Bluegrass music and Fish....

No comments:

Post a Comment