Monday, May 18, 2009

The Buffalo



Last week I went up to the Buffalo with some good friends of mine Frank and Denise. The Sun was high and so was the water. It was a beautiful day for wet wading. We put in at Buffalo City and ran up a few miles. We all picked up a few smallies and Frank and I even Caught a few trout. That is such a beautiful area. The massive bluffs and blue-green water are awesome. I think one of the highlights for me was a SunDog we saw. It was the first time I have ever seen one. Basically its a rainbow, but its stuck in one cloud. This one was vibrant purple and green. I tried to capture the image on my camera but it wasn't as cool as it was in person.
Going to places like the buffalo make me so glad I live in Arkansas. It was a fun adventure and it seems like the smallies should start to pick up in about another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment