Thursday, May 7, 2009

A little bit of Appalachia


So last week I was in South Carolina visiting my girlfriend Allison and my longtime friend Andy. Seeing that We would only be just a few hours from some great Appalachian spring creek fishing I packed my 3 weight and plenty of gear. We fished the Davidson. The trip was way too short to do much fishing but Saturday morning we hit the water after an awesome night of camping. Andy fishes there often and said that the fishing that particular morning was very tough. I agreed. It was a small technical stream but amazingly beautiful. Allison had never fly fished before but after just minutes of instruction she looked like a pro. Our morning was not that great but we caught some nice fish. Allison and I tag teamed this monster brookie. I hooked it and she brought it in. After lunch our adventure was cut short due to Andy's rod breaking and our travel time to get back to South Carolina. It was definitely an awesome trip and I look forward to more quality time on the water with the ones I love.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that picture actually happened! About half a second later, that sucker wiggled free....great times, man! It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete