Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tony Marcone


Friday was the start to a nice and busy weekend on the River for me. I took Tony, a bond broker from Memphis. We had a great time. The weather was nice, the fish acted right and it was a great half a day. I had never fished Tony before, so we had a good time getting to know each other. We fished the two rigs all day. Both tandem rigs. We fished a soft hackle rig in the morning that has been my "go to rig" as of late and as usual, it was on fire. Tony caught fish everywhere we went. About the time we got middle ways down Rainbow Island the fish sort of just stopped being interested in the soft hackle, so I put on more of an attractor type rig and our fish numbers started to rise again. It was strange because normally in shallow clear water, its not a rig I go for, but hey the fish loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment