Monday, January 4, 2010

Red Fish Baby




After Hays and I spent a week trout fishing, we joined up with my dad and good friend, Frank. We made the trek down to south Louisiana to fish with Captains Byran Carter and Shane Mayfield. We stayed at the old plantation called The Woodlands. We didn't have perfect conditions, considering it was 40 degrees and windy. The water was muddy and there was a little cloud cover. My dad and I went with Shane and Hays and Frank went with Bryan. We checked pond after pond, but couldn't seem to find the fish until we got right up on them. Dad and I each caught 4 or 5 fish and I think Frank and Hays did about the same. It is such a cool deal. Red Fish are strong and tough. We had a dynamite meal at the plantation and then turned around and came home yesterday morning. Louisiana Red Fish are awesome and I will certainly be back this summer!

1 comment: