Thursday, March 19, 2009

Double Trouble...




Again I have to apologize for the lapse in blogging, its been an action packed week. Monday I took out two Men from Oklahoma, a Father and Son. We fished down River and the water was just about right. It was still down from the weekend and the new water never made it to us. They were both novice anglers but we couldnt have caught more fish with a stick of dynamite. They caught on pretty fast and pretty soon where catching multiple fish every drift. They had many doubles and Trent even had a fish on his nymph and his dropper. He successfully caught and released them. As I had said in my last post, maybe Tomorrow I will leave the streamer rods at home, well I did. We fished 4 and 5 weights all day and nothing larger than a piece of # 4 tin. We were able to wade fish and drift and only saw two other boats all day. Trent Hooked this nice 18 inch bow to make the fish of the day. The guys had some great Father Son bonding and some great fish tales. Yesterday I meant to blog, but Jamie and I had a rod party full of jamming pizza and lots of cleaning, stripping, and reloading reels. Yesterday was about the 3rd day the water has been running round the clock. I took an extremely nice family from the big city of Dallas fishing. A full boat in the morning, a 2nd grader, a fourth and their dad. Then in the afternoon I took out the oldest daughter and her Mom. We had a foggy cold morning, but by the afternoon I was sun burned. Despite the high water the girls did great. They all caught Fish and had fun. Denise, the Mom, wore the fish out in the afternoon and is looking forward to her next trip which she said must be a full day... "So come on in boys ( and girls) the water is fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment