Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gotta Love It




Well I apologize for the lapse in blogging, I have had a computer crash, but give thanks I am back in action. I have had several good days on the water. I took a good friend of mine Eric Stenberg down river toward Pangburn. We both caught some nice fish, despite the cold, sleet, and winter mix. Then Wednesday, I guided Hank, a gentleman from Ft. Worth. Hank had never caught one of the illusive and solitary brown trout, so that became my goal. Not only did Hank catch a nice 17 in brown, he caught two. We also dealt with some winter mix issues. Now Friday was a different story. I had a 7 1/2 year old and her mother. We knew the conditions where tough since there was probably 21,000 cfs flowing from Greer's Ferry Dam. Not to mention the water was blown out brown and green due to the rains. We played and had fun. I let the young Towns drive the boat and I think that was more fun for her then fishing anyhow. After we took refuge at Lobo Landing for lunch, they called it a day. I guess that's why its called fishing not catching. Today I fished with my dad. We took out his boat and I let him run the show. The water was finally turned off last night at midnight, so we got a break there. It was still kind of off color but we can't get everything we want. It was a nice day for tossing some big double bunnies and circus peanuts, two of my favorite flies I might add. We had several nice fish and some awesome follows all the way up to the boat. Sometimes for me the follow is just as exciting as the take. Despite the wind, rain, high water, winter mixes, and all the rest of the challenges the week brought on, fishing was great as it always is. My serenity level remained high. There just isn't anything else I'd rather be doing ,whether it be teach people to the joys and wonders of trout fishing, letting a young kid drive my boat, or stripping a big ugly double bunny with my pops. I've got another action packed week ahead and am looking forward to it. Do what you love and love what you do! Life is Good.

1 comment:

  1. Its amazing how my frakishly large hands dwarf that 30 inch rainbow.

    ReplyDelete