Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yellow Belly Fever....




Well I've got the Yellow Belly Fever in case you didn't know. This morning as I was loading up the boat and getting ready, it began to sprinkle and after the torrential rains we've been having I certainly wasn't looking forward to it. I tried my luck and did not put my waters on. I figured in the high water there definitely wont be any wading, and its supposed to be clear skies later. My voodoo worked. Crystal clear day and lots of sunshine. I'm not to sure it helped the streamer fishing but, it was still nice. My client was my eye doctor. He's always a blast to take out. After all the rainwater the creeks had emptied, the water was up it seemed, 6 inches from yesterday and still a little green. We set up the first drift and had an absolute toad try to wax the fly as soon as it hit the water. It was a swing and a miss but it got the blood flowing. I knew just then it would be an action packed day. About 30 minutes later we had our second strike, contact was made and we boated a nice 17 inch brownie. The heard rate is jumping now. I had Doc throwing hard. He caught a few pretty rainbows with vibrant red gill plates and stripes. Then it just turned off. no stikes no drive by's. nada. So we switched up the routine and worked some nymphs. several pretty rainbows to be had. After lunch I got him fired back up for a big fish and the chase was on. I hit a few of my favorite holes and didn't produce. Finally I swung the boat in a cut and he hooked a toad. The Zero Gravity salty 6 bowed over and I caught a glimpse of the fish. Yellow Belly. He fought hard. We snapped a pic or two and released the fish. It ended up being a great day. We worked hard for all our fish and they all lived to hopefully be caught again.

No comments:

Post a Comment