Sunday, June 14, 2009

Allison's Little Red River Adventure


Last Saturday I got to take my lovely girlfriend trout fishing on the waters that mean so much to me, The Little Red River. I had taken her once before, which you might have read about on the post , A Little Bit Of Appalachia. This was her second time fly fishing. Quite a bit different from the small brookie filled creeks of the Carolinas. We had the obstacle of high water and the Corps had only given us a four hour period of no generation the night before, so it was very hard to get in front of any water. We started the morning out getting the hang of things and her first Arkansas trout was a brown. Of course that made me happy. She continued on the catch and had about a dozen fish by noon. I had a lot of fun showing her what it is I love about the Little Red River and I think she is already ready for some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment