Sunday, June 14, 2009

Does it get any better?




So yesterday I went fishing with a friend of mine whom I have known for years. We spent all day on the water, after being chased off the day before by 70 mile per hour winds and nickel sized hail. We went to one of the most amazing places to fish anywhere in this region. We had hoped for clouds because it typically makes for a little more productive day throwing streamers, but the sun was shining high. We may have caught three fish under 18 inches all day. We worked our butts off for the fish, but man its so rewarding to see a massive flash of gold shine and then feel such a gigantic tug on your line. It was a real treat to spend time with Hays on the river. I taught him a little bit about rowing a boat and so I even got to fish. I mean does it really get any better? We caught probably 12 browns over 20 inches and Hays also caught a behemoth of a rainbow around 20 inches as well. The place we fished was so beautiful. We saw all kind of wild life. We caught massive fish. We only saw two other boats all day. We had great conversation. We had a blast. I am looking forward to doing it again soon. Real soon.

1 comment: