Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Family Fun




Today I had the pleasure of taking my two of my cousins fishing, and man did we have a blast! Mary Austin had been fly fishing once before but it was really high water and hadn't gotten the opportunity to land a fish. Her mom Terinell has been a few times and was pretty comfortable with the rod. The Corps ran water last night until midnight and turned it back on at 6 am. It gave us a good window of fishing. We sang Motown songs and hooked fish. Mary Austin was able to land her first rainbow trout on the fly rod( this is the picture above!). We ended the day a little early because the water finally caught up to us with a bunch of nice rainbows. It was an awesome day on the water for me to get to spend time with my family and be a part of their adventure on the Little Red River.

No comments:

Post a Comment