Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hog Tastic




A while back I posted About me and my friend Hays getting to fish together. Well, He and his dog came back to see me and Buddy, my Pyrenees, this weekend. I had guide trips Friday and Saturday but Hays and I got to Fish on Sunday and Monday. Sunday we got out there early and each got a few fish to the boat. Then the clouds and thunder rolled in. We stuck it out and had great fishing all morning. The summer shower was nice. We had the river to ourselves and it was perfect. Well, eventually all good things must end I guess, and it got sunny and hotter than blue blazes. We took a water temp and it was high so we decided to nymph a little. We caught some nice bows and figured we would get after the hogs again the next day. On Monday we did a little different float and worked real hard for them. We each caught a nice fish and that was it. The morning started off with Hays getting tons of follows, but no takers. I guess all in all the awesome day we had Sunday morning makes up for slow fishing. I am truly addicted to big brown trout. I always want one more. Hays and I are on the same page when it comes to our fishing, that's why we have so much fun out there together. I say the fishing was slow, but really, can you tell me another place where you can go catch 6 fish over 18 inches and 4 over about 21 inches! The fishing was just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment