Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Red Fish Excursion 09




So I apologize for the lapse in blogging. I have been Fishing a lot but kind of got sidetracked because my Dad and I went to Southern Louisiana for a Red Fish trip. The Family and I pitched in to send Dad Red Fishing and I got to go along. It was awesome. We drove down and fished with an amazing guide by the name of Captain Bryan Carter.( if anyone is interested contact me for his information) Bryan picked us up at about 4:45 am and we jumped on a ferry across the Mississippi river. We were fishing by about 6 am. Dad caught the first few fish and from then on we switched off every two fish. Most of the fish averaged about 7 pounds but we caught several 10 pounders. I think we fished until about 4 pm and caught somewhere around 28 to 30 fish including a big gar. We had an alligator watch us fish for a while which was cool, but kind of creepy. We had a ton of fun and I plan on making it back down to fish again hopefully in Jan or Feb. Its was an awesome bonding experience for me and my dad and I don't think we could of asked for better fishing.

1 comment: