Sunday, February 28, 2010

my sunday morning sanctuary


Today I woke up and the river was calling me. I had the day off and thought I might as well go ahead and go to my church....yeah, that would be the river. It's probably the warmest,sunniest day of 2010. Not the ideal streamer weather, but I just couldn't resist. I started off chucking yellow and had several flashes and tags, but could not get anybody to commit. I switched colors and a few moments later I saw this big beauty come out from the undercut bank and crush my fly! As I brought her in some guys in the yard asked me if I wanted to come up and borrow their skillet! I laughed and said, "no thanks, she's going right back where she came from" and I think the guys had to pick their jaws up off the floor as I put the fish back in the river. Hopefully I will see her again soon!

1 comment: